Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Is Ruthie Really Next?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That confused me, too. I still have to wonder if Valerie Tripp finished Ruthie's book already, and that's why she said she was currently working on Emily's.

    They are contracted to three movies, and we have heard it was going to be Samanatha, Felicity, and Kit. It's possible that with how successful the movies have been, they've since created another contract, to include all 8 girls.

    I hope they will do all 8 movies. But, I would like to see them do Addy after whoever they do next year.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's also possible that Valerie Tripp didn't write Ruthie's book, OR she's already finished Ruthie's and the Emily book she's writing is for 2007... then again, who really knows? It's all speculation right now.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I do believe that Emily will be the next Historical out.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MareGathersDolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2005
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would really like to see movies for all eight girls too! After reading all of the Meet books, I find there's things I love about each girl, which only strengthens my want to get all the Historicals. [img]wink.gif[/img] That's what I love about the collection, though, it brings many different things to the table.

    Personally, I would love to see Ruthie next. Kit was the doll my mother picked for me, and next to Felicity, she's my most spoiled girl! (shhh, don't tell the others). But I'd like to see friends for each of the eight girls. Especially because that means new outfits, accessories, etc.!

    And AG...I don't think any of us would mind another African American doll or Native American doll, so please give Addy and Kaya friends too! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If the friends keep selling the way it appears they are selling, I think it would be reasonable to expect each of the dolls to get one.

    Which would probably mean 2 new native american dolls. One for Kaya's friend and one for Kirsten's.

    Who do you think Josefina's friend would be? It would kind of be like Molly, where they really have to just choose one. (I still think that while Emily is probably going to be really really cool, picking one of the girls who appeared in all the books would have been nice.)

  6. #6
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Also, it may be possible they will release friend dolls even without a movie contract - although IMO that would be foolish as the movies seem to be quite successful.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member vgdag94's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2005
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by jenndon:

    I found a cloth doll I got for dd when I visited a friend in Williamsburg and she has a red cape just like Felicity's. I dug it out of dd's doll box to show her! She's cute.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sarah! I have her too! I love those dolls. I have 2 and my sister has 2 also.
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    I hope AG makes movies for all of the dolls!!!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member JAdder's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    From what I can get out of Mattel is this. Emily doll will be comming out. (Not saying when)although for what I know no movie being made. Mattel is very much like this they normaly sell only part of a collection never the enitre one. Since the friend dolls are used to promote the movies they are also on their own good chance they might take a break from making movies next year and just keep the fans happy with a friend doll like Emily. Since you gotta think of it this way. Could thay acutlly make a Molly movie without Susan and Linda? If they put them in there will be more of a clatter for them not Emily. Which is why they may put Emily out for Molly without a movie to keep it on her. The reason behind Emily I do know and not Linda or Susan.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw an article online about the actress who won the role as Kit in the "upcoming movie", so I would think that Ruthie would be the next friend doll. I REALLY HOPE SO, because Kit was my first, and most special, doll!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw an article online about the actress who won the role as Kit in the "upcoming movie", so I would think that Ruthie would be the next friend doll. I REALLY HOPE SO, because Kit was my first, and most special, doll!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm pretty sure what you're talking about is an old movie that was made before Kit was introduced, and was ABOUT Kit, introducing her. It was called something like Welcome to Kit's World. This has been brought up a number of times, but it's pretty old.


    As for making a doll without making a movie, I don't think they would do that. Although, they could pretty easily. I just think it would be strange. There's enough of a story in the book Emily is in to make a whole movie based off that alone, but they wouldn't have to. Linda and Susan could be there, too. They sould still make more friend dolls for Molly in the future, just like they can still make Agnes and Agatha for Samantha. I think it would be very strange for them to release a friend doll without the movie, since that's what we're used to now.

    Unless they started to release the friend dolls incredibly, incredibly fast, I see no reason why they would halt the movies. The Felicity one took them one month to film, so it's really not like it cost a whole lot to make, or was very time consuming.

    I would be very disappointed if they released Emily with no movie. Molly is my least favorite doll, but she is many people's favorite, and I'm looking forward to having a nice little section of 8 AG movies among my DVDs. And I will definitly get Emily if she looks like she looks in the books (red hair! and British!).

    I really don't think that people would be saying "aww, if only they had made Linda and Susan, instead of Emily." Emily will have a much more interesting story than Linda and Susan, who as far as we can tell had lives pretty similar to Molly's. Emily lived a very different life, her book is sure to be interesting. Emily will also make a different looking doll, whereas Linda would look just like the new dark haired AGT, and Susan would look pretty similar to Molly, but without braids....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •